Primarily developed to provide protection to the camera lens, the Skylight
filter has a number of benefits. The filter protects the lens from
scratches, dust and finger-marks with can be hard to clean and impair the
quality of a photo.
The filter can also help to make the cleaning of your camera a much
easier task; a lot of camera lensâ are curved and recessed, the flat
surface of the filter means that maintaining your cameras cleanliness is a
more straightforward task. The filter is robust, solid and fits tightly on
In addition the Skylight filter can improve the quality of your photos.
The filter acts as a colour corrector designed to correct the slight blue
cast that results from shooting pictures under an open blue sky. This is
especially useful when shooting in the snow on or a beach; the filter
provides a hint of warming to counterbalance the excessive blueness of
naturally bright light.
As an extra bonus the Skylight filter also absorbs ultraviolet rays
which often make photos appear pale and grey; with the Skylight filter
photos are richer in contrast, without effecting visible light balance.
– Creates warmer colours and protects the front lens from scratches, dust
– For analogue photography
– With front thread for other filters, lens cap or lens hood
– AR coating, two layers on either side, for better light permeability
– Quality class (glass): high-quality lens glass
– Warm colours, especially for landscape and outdoor portraits
– Reduces haze and prevents blurring
– Prevents blue cast
Front Thread: Yes
Coating: AR Coated (4x)
Filter Thread: 67 mm
Mount Thickness: 5 mm
Type of Glass: High-Grade Lens Glass
1x Hama Skylight Filter 1 A (LA+10), 67,0 mm, Coated